More about me...

My day pretty much consists of reading on my way to work, school, reading on my way home, home chores, and then reading before I go to sleep. Did you notice all the reading? Yeah I pretty much need a book-readers anonymous. I love reading to much to quit it though.

I am outwardly a pretty polite and reserved person. Until you get to know me-the real me not the pseudo me-then you learn different. Don't get me wrong I am still polite to a degree just a bit inappropriate at times. I like to write to vent on things that pop into my head. Some things are random-others not so much. Some things matter a lot to me others just brush the surface.

Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Knowledge is Power...

I remember when the hardest question was what to wear to school, where to go after school, and what type of milk, white or chocolate in the lunch line. Times are sure different. Young girls making choices they shouldn’t. Doing things they can’t talk about.

In my opinion if you can’t talk about it then you shouldn’t be doing it. If you can’t talk about sex, condoms, birth control, and the nitty gritty then you probably should be participating in it. Don’t be fooled. People think you have to learn from your own experiences are those learning the truly hard way.


I haven’t personally been beaten, but I know that I don’t want to experience it.
I haven’t been cheated on, but I learned vicariously from watching my friends be upset, cry, and then probably go back. I choose to learn from my past, her past, there past, shit I learn from anyone’s past that I know.


Young girls thinking there grown, being taken advantage of and still thinking they run that shit.
It’s like looking at a car accident waiting to happen. Your scream for them to stop and they just keep going heading straight for disaster.


Playing games they don’t even know the rules too.
I’d laugh, but it truly isn’t a laughing matter. I don’t want them hurt I want the m educated so that they can see the disaster coming before they get to it and save themselves. I want them to have the knowledge to protect themselves from the people who would take advantage of them because of their lack of knowledge.


Don’t leave our young men and women without the knowledge that can prevent them from becoming someone’s victim.
If they won’t talk then have them listen. Too many parents live in a fairy tale land of make believe where their child will do the right thing.


Shit that is the hope but I prepare for the worst and the best.
Sometimes when I talk it is like talking to a brick wall, but I’ll be damned if I give up. I talk until I’m blue in the face and then still talk.


Don’t be nervous about informing our youth about the facts of life if we don’t someone will and it might not be the information of fact, but of bullshit that turns your son or daughter into the victim of lies, myths, and flawed views that can place them in danger of consequences that they can’t and shouldn’t have to be handling at such a young age.


If I wore a hat I’d take it off to those that arm their children with knowledge.
That talk even when they don’t think they are listening. Keep talking. This way you don’t one day regret not giving them the knowledge.


Ohh and don’t think I’m only talking about the nitty gritty talk. I’m saying talk in general.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. Don’t play like the electric company this power is the free kind if you want it to be.


The universe is in my thoughts there by so are you...


illusyon

No comments:

Post a Comment