More about me...

My day pretty much consists of reading on my way to work, school, reading on my way home, home chores, and then reading before I go to sleep. Did you notice all the reading? Yeah I pretty much need a book-readers anonymous. I love reading to much to quit it though.

I am outwardly a pretty polite and reserved person. Until you get to know me-the real me not the pseudo me-then you learn different. Don't get me wrong I am still polite to a degree just a bit inappropriate at times. I like to write to vent on things that pop into my head. Some things are random-others not so much. Some things matter a lot to me others just brush the surface.

Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kiss of Snow...ROCKED!!!

First off...if you haven't read the first nine books which I have listed below please do.

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changelings, Book 1)
Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings, Book 2)
Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changelings, Book 3)
Mine to Possess (Psy-Changelings, Book 4)
Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changelings, Book 5)
Branded by Fire (Psy-Changelings, Book 6)
Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changelings, Book 7)
Bonds of Justice (Psy/Changeling Novels)
Play of Passion (Berkley Sensation)

I wouldn't recommend just jumping into this series. The first books up until Kiss of Snow really do build the world and give you an understanding of the relationship between the many wonderful characters.

If you are looking for a detailed synopsis of the book this won't be that type of review...sorry.

I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this book. I was not - repeat - was not disappointed. A lot of times you will wait and anticipate a book and feel that it wasn't enough. Either you get too much fighting and struggle between the characters - which leads to the hurry up already feeling, or it was put into a nice little box with a bow too quickly that you don't feel fulfilled when you finish reading the book. I was not left wanting. Nalini Singh did a fabulous job.

The struggle between Hawke & Sienna to be together was great. At times I was rooting for them and the next I was trying to see a way around the obstacles. They kept up with the playful banter and that is something that I have grown to love about these two. She wants him and he wants her, but they each have their own obstacles to overcome and then they have obstacles to overcome as a couple. It was a true whirlwind in that I couldn't put it down. I was sucked in from the first and didn't want to stop until I was done.

I have no complaints about this book. It was easy to follow while keeping me very much in the storyline with the characters every step of the way. There wasn't a time when I needed a break cause it was getting boring or moving to slow. I devoured this book and couldn't stop till the last sentence. She included back characters that most fans want to hear about. I love the world she has created, the characters that I have come to love, and the relationships that have been built.

If you aren't a fan of this series...you should be, and if you are one like me you'll read this book again and again and again. I am anxiously awaiting the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment