More about me...

My day pretty much consists of reading on my way to work, school, reading on my way home, home chores, and then reading before I go to sleep. Did you notice all the reading? Yeah I pretty much need a book-readers anonymous. I love reading to much to quit it though.

I am outwardly a pretty polite and reserved person. Until you get to know me-the real me not the pseudo me-then you learn different. Don't get me wrong I am still polite to a degree just a bit inappropriate at times. I like to write to vent on things that pop into my head. Some things are random-others not so much. Some things matter a lot to me others just brush the surface.

Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Adventures while Traveling 02

Another adventure turned in to a misadventure and this time it was all my fault. My sister and I were invited to a farm to celebrate my other sisters husband's grandfathers birthday. My goodness was it not at all what I expected. We went to my sisters husbands family's house to wait cause me and HV don't know where the farm is.

First off today I was feeling great until I ate Burger King...Darn you stomach...to say the least my stomach was not so happy with the whopper. But I kept on with them. We are waiting and waiting for my sister to get ready and then here comes her mother in law with the oh we can all go in my van so you girls don't have to drive.

SAY WHAT!!! Oh hell no. First off I wasn't feeling to hot and didn't want to get stuck there and secondly if it wasn't my scene again I didn't want to get stuck there. So we are driving and driving...don't get me wrong I like the driving here mostly straight and lots of open area to look at. So we get there and what they call a farm I wouldn't call a farm.

When I think of a farm I think "Old McDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O and on that farm he had a ____________ (fill in the blank)." This is just a small house like structure with a lot of empty field land around it. Cause the aunt don't like animals cause they stink per my sister HM...I'm with her on that but aren't animals or some kind of crops what make a farm. Maybe I'm wrong; I don't claim to be a farm type of gal in any way, shape, or form.

Again it just wasn't my scene cause firstly I always feel a little strange around new people unless I'm drunk then new people feel weird around me and I don't notice cause I twisted..lol. I kept thinking wtf as people were moving around me. No place to really sit, temp up at 96-101 degrees, no shade either, strange people, headache coming on, stomach not happy, and strange people coming up to me and talking about all the kids they have, and I can't get drunk cause I gotta drive (my choice, so my sister could drink). Oh hell no.

My sister HV looked at me after about 40 minutes and said, "you don't gotta stay, just come back and pick me up." Hallelujah cause I don't know if I would have made it for the whole time.
I don't wanna say that all the people in Hawaii are friendly but, people kept looking at me funny and some gave me the stink eye. I was thinking to myself am I looking at them strangely or giving off an attitude. I was smiling and watching my niece and nephew. So thank the powers that be that my sister said I could digg cause man that was uncomfortable as hell.

No pics cause I was driving and when I got there I was not feeling it in a big way. Hopefully I'll find a little happy on this adventure. I am happy to be here with my family though, so that is a happy point.

HB

No comments:

Post a Comment