More about me...

My day pretty much consists of reading on my way to work, school, reading on my way home, home chores, and then reading before I go to sleep. Did you notice all the reading? Yeah I pretty much need a book-readers anonymous. I love reading to much to quit it though.

I am outwardly a pretty polite and reserved person. Until you get to know me-the real me not the pseudo me-then you learn different. Don't get me wrong I am still polite to a degree just a bit inappropriate at times. I like to write to vent on things that pop into my head. Some things are random-others not so much. Some things matter a lot to me others just brush the surface.

Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Gentleman Vampyre :)

Review for It Happened One Bite by Lydia Dare

purchased on 6/20/2011 on illusyon's purple book kave (my nook)

This historical, paranormal romance is a great addition to the Lydia Dare writing teams series.

James Maitland, Baron Kettering, wakes in a dark cellar and the last thing he remembers is five women…witches surrounding him. He isn’t sure how long he has been out, what he has done to deserve such treatment, and why he has suddenly awoken.

Blaire Lindsay, is one of five sister witches who are a part of the Coig. She isn’t sure why her brother has inherited this old castle or why suddenly her heirloom ring is glowing and warm to the touch until she release the man from the cellar of the castle.

Blair must discover what and who James is while he is trying to locate his ring that was stolen and trying not to fall for the lovely Miss Lindsay at every turn. Attraction isn’t one sided though and fangs begin to fly when these two come together to settle an old debt against James.

I loved the characters. Their banter kept me reading & engaged in the storyline. Readers get glimpses of past characters and future plots.

There are some small surprises, but one thing through this series is that so far the paranormal guy always gets his girl in the end. Which is something that I truly love.

If you can read it electronically you can save some money on this series.

Best wishes on your next literary adventure,

illusyon

No comments:

Post a Comment